For week ending May 21, 2021

• Thank you received: 144

For week ending May 21, 2021 was created by Fred Ginsburg

This week is FINALS week. Your final exam and 688 videos paper are DUE on the dates posted on our site (no later than Thurs May 20).

Our official final exam is scheduled for 08:00-10:00am on Friday morning, but we do not have an in-class exam.

I will open up our Zoom meeting at 09:00am, for one last social opportunity. Attendance is optional. I will be happy to answer any questions, or chat about the industry, or allow you to chat with each other. There is no lecture.

It has been an honor and a privilege to have been your professor this semester. Trying to learn film production via Zoom is so difficult; so I was happy to have heard that at least it was not a total waste for many of you. Hopefully (depending on the schedule), some of us will be able to attend the hands-on workshops that the Dept is trying to arrange for during the summer.

Even after I am retired, I will still be reachable via email and cell phone. This course comes with a 5-year warranty, so feel free to contact me if you have any questions. The new guy, Blas Kisic, my replacement, was picked my me and is really sharp. He teaches classes for the sound union. My plan is to work with him and provide him with all of our lectures and materials, so that there is continuity in 358 and so that he does not have to begin from a blank page. After 22 years of teaching this class here, and 8 more years at LMU and UCLA -- I can do this whole course without a single note or cheat-sheet, but it will take Blas a semester or two to get the hang of it. He is very skilled at sound, but new at teaching on this kind of level.
2 years 11 months ago #4823

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.309 seconds