For week ending May 1, 2020

• Thank you received: 144

For week ending May 1, 2020 was created by Fred Ginsburg

Reminders... we will have our regular ZOOM mtg on Friday, at 10am.
Our guest speaker is Richard Lightstone CAS, who will talk about prod sound along with Dante audio. Read the article that I sent you all earlier this week.
If time permits, we may briefly look at the operation of the TASCAM HS-P82 recorder. Read my manual for it on the website. CTVA does have one HS-P82 and one 688 package -- so you should learn both systems.

I am very concerned that three students have not turned in ANYTHING to me in the way of the 4 assignments. Nor have they even contacted me. It is possible that they could be dropped from the film program.

Also, there were FOUR assignments. A couple people have not turned in their reviews/summaries of the Audio Technica videos about prod sound... (I copied the assignment below)

your assignment is to view the Audio for Video series found at: www.audio-technica.com/cms/features/8a172335766aaaf0/index.html

These videos are short, only a few minutes each. There are around a dozen of them. I wrote them, but do not appear in them. Nor did I direct or edit them, so do not judge me!
Since we have no way to do testing (for grades), I want you all to write a short paper about the videos. For each video, write a few sentences and tell me one of the specific lessons or points or tips that you learned in each video. Just a short paragraph per video. This paper is due by March 27th. Email it to me as a Word doc. attachment..

(Most of you have done the Audio Tech video assignment, so those paragraphs were not for you.)

There WILL be a fifth paper -- the Final. 10 questions, short answers. That will be sent out to everyone during next week, before the 8th, and due ABSOLUTELY on or before finals day, May 15. I will not accept any late papers after May 15.

As always, feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns. We do want everyone to succeed, and are trying to be reasonably generous about grading.

But this semester has NOT BEEN CANCELLED, and you are all expected to continue learning and participating.
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by Fred Ginsburg.
3 years 11 months ago #4792

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.204 seconds