For week ending April 3, 2020 UPDATED

• Thank you received: 144

For week ending April 3, 2020 UPDATED was created by Fred Ginsburg

I think that last Friday's class went well, all things considering. Please feel free to give me feedback, be it positive, negative, or constructive. This is a new experience for all of us.

So far, I have heard that this coming Friday will be CTVA Film Advising Day, and that everyone in the Film Option will attend one of three Zoom meetings. Joel Krantz and Nate Thomas will be sending out meeting invites. UPDATE: YES there will be Film Advising webinars this Friday.

Here is the meeting link for the Film Advising meeting this Friday April 3rd:

csun.zoom.us/j/xxxxxxxxxxxx (If you need the link, please contact me directly)

We will be having (3) separate sessions:

9:30am: Accepted Fall 2019
11am: Accepted S2020
2pm: Accepted Fall 2020 (New portfolio accepted students)

CTVA358 will NOT meet on Zoom this coming Friday at our regular time. But I do have an assignment for you all!

Read up in the Reading List about Lavaliers and Wireless Mics. Also, watch again the Audio Technica videos about Lavaliers.

Every member of the class will submit a very brief paper (a paragraph or two, not an essay) about how to do: the Newsman's Loop and the Moleskin/safety pin rigging. You will also include some photos illustrating both techniques -- which you will shoot at home.

I realize that you do not probably own any lavaliers, or even Moleskin. So you will be creative and use substitutes as props if necessary.

For instance, the "lavalier" could just be a charging cable from your phone, or a thick shoelace, or a piece of wire. Even the connector end of a headphone. Your lavalier mounting clip for the Newsman's loop could be a simple tie clip, or jewelry clip, or hair clip, or paper fastener clip. You could even make something out of cardboard.

For the Moleskin mount, if you do not have any Moleskin -- then pretend. Maybe a band-aid. Or a strip of cloth.

Don't forget to make a cable loop, similar to what is shown on the video and in the articles.

As always, I am available by phone, text, and email to answer any questions or concerns. 818-231-1038

When our Zoom meetings resume, we will cover lavalieres and rigging. I will keep you all informed.

Two of you (and you know who you are) were not able to attend our Zoom meeting. Please contact me and let me know your situation. I did record the entire meeting, so you could watch it.
Last edit: 4 years 4 weeks ago by Fred Ginsburg.
4 years 4 weeks ago #4787

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.065 seconds