Assignment for March 13, 2020

• Thank you received: 144

Assignment for March 13, 2020 was created by Fred Ginsburg

Yeah, things are a mess overall. Lots of confusion over how the university and CTVA will proceed.

Tomorrow, your assignment is to view the Audio for Video series found at: www.audio-technica.com/cms/features/8a172335766aaaf0/index.html

These videos are short, only a few minutes each. There are around a dozen of them. I wrote them, but do not appear in them. Nor did I direct or edit them, so do not judge me!

Since we have no way to do testing (for grades), I want you all to write a short paper about the videos. For each video, write a few sentences and tell me one of the specific lessons or points or tips that you learned in each video. Just a short paragraph per video. This paper is due by March 27th. Email it to me as a Word doc. attachment..

I also need to hear back from all of you. Do you all have access to a computer and wifi? Are you still living on campus or close by; or are any of you moving back home or distant out of the area?

We are kicking around the idea of holding some hands-on production workshops after the end of the semester to provide more film shoot experience to all of the skill classes.... would you be able to participate in something like that for a few days if the university allowed it? Or would your personal situation make that difficult or impossible? If the dept were able to do this workshops, they would not be mandatory nor even graded. It would just be to complete your training for the real world. But please let us know your thoughts and availability (assuming that the virus threat is over, of course).

My plan is to hold classes for a few hours on Fridays, using ZOOM live video meeting software, which is on your CSUN portal. I would email you all an "invitation" with the links to join the meeting. Let me know if that would be a problem for you.

If you have any hardships due to the campus closures, etc -- please email me and we can work something out. My goal is to be as accommodating as possible, while we struggle through the next several weeks of the semester.
4 years 1 month ago #4785

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.211 seconds