For weeks ending Nov 29 and Dec 6, 2019

• Thank you received: 144

For weeks ending Nov 29 and Dec 6, 2019 was created by Fred Ginsburg

Of course we have no class on Friday Nov 29, on account of the Thanksgiving Holiday.
Our last official day of class (last day of instruction, as the univ calls it) is Dec 6.

Note that ALL projects are due by the end of class on Dec 6 (or by 1pm). No dropping stuff off in my mailbox after I depart campus!!!! The only projects that may be turned in on Dec 13 are re-submissions of projects that I have already reviewed.

Please read and re-read your syllabus re the projects. All team members must turn in their materials in the same envelope (per project). All team members must have all of their names PRINTED out on common paperwork, such as sound reports, index logs. All media must have name tags or labels.

You may re-take Quiz 1 or 2 DURING class (no need to show up at 08:30). Students who choose to take the mid-term or Big Test may do so; taking the test is optional and you may wait until Dec 13 if you prefer. Quizzes will be taken concurrently with the Big Test (same questions anyway).

The Big Test is around 62 questions, most worth minus 2 points if wrong, although a couple questions are worth larger penalties. You get five wild cards; plus the test is adjusted for a curve (based on the Dec 6 test results). If you get a 90 or better, first time taking the test, using the 5 freebies, but before the curve -- you win a bonus! Instant Ace for for COURSE (providing your projects are C or better).

If you do not do well in the Big Test (after the curve), then you may take it again as a Final on Dec 13. However, the best score that you can earn on a second try at the test is a B+.

Quiz and test scores, and project scores are factored into my Excel program to come up with your course grade points. At my discretion, I might curve some of those totals upward to a higher letter grade, based on class participation, etc. You will not get a lower letter grade than your number; but you might get a better letter grade.

If you want any of your media returned to you, please provide a self-addressed stamped return envelope. And make sure that your name is on the media itself (label or hang tag).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Daniel Greenberg
4 years 5 months ago #4770

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.173 seconds