For week ending Oct 11, 2019

• Thank you received: 144

For week ending Oct 11, 2019 was created by Fred Ginsburg

Let me begin by congratulating all of you by impressing me with your excellent sound mixing and film production skills! Praise from me does not come easy; but I was extremely pleased with how quickly you were able to grasp the sound workflow as well as the general filmmaking workflow.

This week we will begin to learn all about microphones. Our lecture presentations will include: a basic overview of types of mics; mic pickup patterns; and mic sensitivity (dynamic, electret, condenser). Read the articles in the reading list. Copies of the Powerpoints are in the Presentations section of the college classes pulldowns.

At 9am sharp, there will be Quiz One. It is a short, 13 question short answer or multi-choice test. No scantrons; write directly on the question sheet. Topics include the first few lectures: pre-production planning and about the Sound Dept; Priorities of Recording; and Hierarchy of Mic Techniques. It will NOT include the Mackie mixer stuff (Quiz 2).

Film Advising Day is on Friday Nov 1. We will not have regular class on that day. More details TBA.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Daniel Greenberg, Masora Fukuda
4 years 6 months ago #4763

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.241 seconds