For weeks ending Dec 17th

• Thank you received: 144

For weeks ending Dec 17th was created by Fred Ginsburg

We are only days away from the end of the semester....

M-W: This Wed we will continue shooting the Brown exercise, using everything that we have learned during the semester. Includes operation of the HS-P82 multi-track, timecode slating, boom, plant, and radio mics.
Our last day of instruction is Monday Dec 10th. There are no classes on Wed, Dec 12th apparently. On the 10th , ALL PROJECTS are due! The only projects that can be turned in on the 17th are re-submissions of projects that were turned in earlier for my review. On the 10th, you may retake any quizzes, as well as take the (optional) BIG TEST. Also, on Monday nite, you may sample the smoked ribs that your classmate has asked me to prepare and was offering to pay for out of pocket. I think that it would be fair for you all to chip in a buck or two to reimburse him the $30 bucks he has offered to pay. (note that I am covering any expenses over the $30).

Friday: Our semester has gone too quickly this year. On the 7th, it will be our last day of instruction. We were not able to shoot the Brown skit, but if you are free this Wednesday evening then come to the soundstage and participate with the other 358 section. On Friday Dec 7th, ALL projects are due. The only projects that can be turned in on the 14th are re-submissions of projects turned in earlier. On the 7th, you can retake any quizzes and can take the optional BIG TEST.

The BIG TEST and the FINAL EXAM are the same test. You may opt to take the test on your last day of class or on your Final Exam day. Ditto for taking any make-up quizzes. The test and the quizzes are taken concurrently, so you do not come to class early on those days.

The exams are 63 questions, similar to the quizzes but not exactly the same. Most of the questions are worth 2 points if you miss them. You will get 5 wild cards that you can apply to 5 questions of your choosing. In addition, the exam will be graded on an upwards curve. Past experience is that most students see around an 8 to 10 point boost in letter grade value. If you are able to score a 90 or better, using your wild cards but BEFORE the curve -- you receive an A+ on the exam and an A in the course (assuming that your 3 projects are C or better). If you choose to re-take the exam to improved your grade, the highest that you can earn the second time around is a B+ on the exam. (But you might still get an A for the course, depending on your other quiz & project scores.) You do not have to take the BIG EXAM early, you may opt to wait for Final Exam day -- but then you lose the chance to retake the exam.

Either class may also choose to take the BIG EXAM or the FINAL on either section's days:
BIG EXAM is offered on Friday Dec 7 and Monday Dec 10. FINAL EXAMS are on Friday Dec 14th (8am to 10am in MZ 160); and on Monday Dec 17th (8pm to 10pm on the soundstage). Please email me if you are going to attend the other section's testing day.

Quizzes can be retaken on ANY of the exam days for either class, during their scheduled times. Do not come in early on those days for the quizzes.

Contact me if you have any questions about the tests, projects, or in general.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cesar flores
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by Fred Ginsburg.
5 years 4 months ago #4729

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Debbie Salazar on topic For weeks ending Dec 17th

Ok, thank you.
5 years 4 months ago #4731

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.127 seconds