For week ending Feb 1, 2018

• Thank you received: 144

For week ending Feb 1, 2018 was created by Fred Ginsburg

I think we finally have a complete roster, what with drops and adds.

After this week, you need to check these online class Forums in the FilmTVsound.com website for my weekly messages.

Reminders.... download the Google Drive docs (the link is on the syllabus) and un-zip the contents to your hard drive. Then copy the un-zipped docs to your portable media so that you can bring it to class and install them onto your lab computers.

Get headphones! Either buy a pair, or arrange to borrow a pair from the equipment room. They might require you to reserve them online ahead of time; ask them on Monday what they need and how to do it. Or, just go ahead and purchase your own pair!

Begin reading the Pro Tools textbook that is on the Google drive. (the textbook, not the A-Z supplemental tutorial). If you are so inclined, you can also watch the Pro Tools tutorial videos on Lynda.com. Details are in the Google drive docs.

Please cough up the $25 and register for the site! Without being registered, you will not be able to read most of the articles.

Those of you with special financial situations should contact me privately and we can work something out; but I want you all to get onto the website as soon as possible.

Pro Tools just released a new version, Pro Tools 2018. But I would suggest that you only download the older 12.8 at this time, until the new version has been out for a while and de-bugged. Your acad license will allow you to upgrade to 2018 at any time, but being the first on the block to try it is never a good practice. Even the AVID reps at the NAMM show this weekend were not sure about the changes.

Please leave a REPLY that you have read this message. (You need to be logged in to leave a reply or to make a new posting).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexia Musharbash
6 years 2 months ago #4601

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Alexia Musharbash on topic For week ending Feb 1, 2018

read it
5 years 11 months ago #4694

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.063 seconds