Basic Sound Cart recommendations

• Thank you received: 0

Basic Sound Cart recommendations was created by Michael Wilcox

What would be the base equipment for a starter cart? What microphones, recorders, mixers, wireless, headphones and accessories to make up a base kit.
11 years 10 months ago #670

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 144

Replied by Fred Ginsburg on topic Re: Basic Sound Cart recommendations

Sorry for the late reply; somehow this one slipped by my radar while I was out of town.

I believe that a basic sound cart (basic sound package) should include: a mixing panel (at least a Mackie 1402 or Behringer equiv). Of course, the mixing panel that you end up with is dependent on your budget, and also what level of sound mixing you plan on doing. Obviously, a better mix board that can accommodate more ins and outs would be preferable, in case you plan on recording out to a 4-track or 10-track recorder! My favorite is the Presonus 16.4.2, but it is bulky and runs around two thousand dollars! The Mackie 1640I is also a very good choice.

Microphone-wise, you need at least three high quality condenser boom mics: a long shotgun, a short shotgun, and a wider angle cardioid. All full condenser. I recommend the Audio Technica BP4073, AT4071, and BP4051; but the Sennheiser MKH60, 70, and 40 also do the trick (albeit a lot more expensive).

Add a couple of K-Tek boompoles (at least one 12 footer); a duplex cable; and a bunch of XLR mic cables.

Some hardwired lavs, such as AT899 for people or plant mics. The MT830R makes a great plant mic! And at least a couple of decent wireless mics.
11 years 7 months ago #671

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.177 seconds